Tuesday, July 19, 2016

take the shot, make the shot


Max doesn't often do photo sessions with me...because let's be honest, he is over his momma and her camera.  But there are those rare occasions where he is around and will humor me.

He has always been a sports lover, so I always have my best luck taking photos of him if he is doing something he loves.  Today we headed out to the soccer fields before the rain hit.

We ended us getting some images that we liked...while I played around with my shutter speed.  I always love crispy, bright images.  However, when your little, not so little, is kicking a soccer ball right at your head it can be tricky getting those sharp images.

During the session I kept telling MaxFactor to TAKE THE SHOT.  "Don't worry buddy.  You won't hit me.  I have faith in you."  So are you ready for the obvious cliche.  You will never make the shot you don't take.  It is so easy for me to say that to Max...and so hard for me to work on myself.

High actions shots are defiantly out of my comfort zone and something I need to keep working on.  I am super self conscious and really critical of my images.  I constantly compare myself to other photographers.  But if I never make myself take those shots, try something new...well then I am NEVER going to get those beautiful images.  So here is to giving it a shot...


No comments:

Post a Comment